Question?!?

havi

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Waco, Texas
I posted this on the Feeding Thread but havent got a reply. I didnt see anything saying it couldnt be posted here. Thanks for the help!!

My chicks are now 8 and 9 days old. I first bought non-medicated chick starter feed and now want to switch over to the medicated kind. But I still have the non-med left. What should I do? Should I mix it half and half? Or just throw the non-med away and start feeding them all medicated. I only have 6 chicks, so they dont go through feed too fast.
idunno.gif

I started with the non-medicated feed and then switched to the medicated feed as well. I did not mix the feeds. I don't know if it would hurt or not, but when in doubt, don't do it!
big_smile.png
The non-medicated feed can also be used on ducklings. Are you planning on getting any ducks? That might be a good solution for the non-medicated feed! I also wouldn't worry to much about only having 6 chicks and not going through the food to quickly!!! If you stick around this forum long, that number will go up!
lol.png
I've only been a member of this forum for about three weeks and started out with 12 RIR chicks. I have now put in an order for 20 more!
clap.gif
These little buggers are addictive!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Before I even started here I got hooked! I told DH that I just wanted two chicks for us to have eggs. Well That went to four then I found out about EEers.
love.gif
I just HAD to stop by the feed store and pick two of them up. I went from 2 to 6. Haha, DH just loves me right about now. He's the one building the coop. I wish I could get ducks, but no pond for them. I've seen lots of people with swimming pools for them and Ive thought about it. Hubby tells me no though. Ive learned to do the "but they just showed up here" Lol.

Quote:
I'll elaborate ... I was in a hurry yesterday

Medicated feed provides a controlled dose. If you mix it you will dilute the dose.

On the other hand, many chicks don't actually need medicated feed, just a gentle introduction to the land. If it has not had poultry in the last few years, they will build their own immunity.

If that is the case, they don't need the medication, and you can mix the feeds.

Back
Top Bottom