Question

Humidity can be tricky but chicks need O2 so you need to let the vents be open. For lock down its best if you open the bator little as possible so if you can try to set up a sysytem with tubeing or a straw or something so you can fill resivors and or wet sponges thru the vents without opening the bator . Good luck

Humidity can be tricky but chicks need O2 so you need to let the vents be open. For lock down its best if you open the bator little as possible so if you can try to set up a sysytem with tubeing or a straw or something so you can fill resivors and or wet sponges thru the vents without opening the bator . Good luck
Vents as in i should have both open?

the little styro bators can be tricky. I would suggest useing a few small jars (like small baby food) on top of the wire with 1/4 of a sponge pieace half in the water and half out to wick the moister up or a small pan of some sort under the wire filled with water with a sponge in it , Try to figure out a way to get a straw or tube postioned so you can use it to deliver water directly to the jar , sponge or what not witout opening the bator if you can,

You want both vents open to allow air exchange so the chicks after hatching can dry and fluff up. If you added a pc fan (or bought the LG with the fan) this helps the chicks dry. What I did to have both vents open and maintain high humidity was lined the bottom of the incubator with wet paper towels on metal screen. I was then able to bring up the humidity fairly quickly by wetting the paper towel with warm water. This also help to keep your incubator clean from the hatching debris.

I bought a still-air and installed a pc fan. I will make sure to have both vent open.
I am taking the egg turner out today. I am assuming this will change the temp and the humidity all together. Gonna be tinkering with the control along with some water

Back
Top Bottom