Questionable Salmon Faverolles gender

TreesAndBrees

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Miami, AZ
Hey everybody!

One of my Salmon Faverolles is throwing me for a loop as to what gender it is! It looks like a pullet based on how much white, salmon, and grey is in its feathers, but now I'm not so sure! Is this a Frederick or a Fraulein???

Note the black and white Primary Coverts, and the black and salmon Primaries:

Note the black AND salmon feathers on the chest:

Note the short stubby tail:

And the comb:

Much thanks!

Hatchery pullet.

Thanks for your input! Does "hatchery pullet" mean a badly colored one or non-ideal coloring? Because that's ok with me :) I just don't think I can deal with yet another rooster since I already got stuck with 6 possible roosters from advertised pullets!

Thanks for your input!  Does "hatchery pullet" mean a badly colored one or non-ideal coloring?  Because that's ok with me :)  I just don't think I can deal with yet another rooster since I already got stuck with 6 possible roosters from advertised pullets!

Yes. There was a post here 2 or 3 days ago with pullets that look just like yours.

I'm also thinking pullet.

Last year there were tons of very dark colored pullets just like yours, causing lots of confusion! Can't recall right off where they came from, but there was a flood of them. Looks like the same stock was used this year.

Yes, those other Faverolles look quite like mine! Mine seem even lighter for the moment with a lot more grey. I am excited to see what they grow up to look like!

Back
Top Bottom