questions about bantams

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cajunlizz, Jul 20, 2008.

1. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Songster

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I have 8 bantams about 3- 4 months old that were given to us about a month or so ago .

We do have a large Coop and run for the rest of the flock .

I am scared to mix these bantams with the rest of the flock , infact we refuse to doing that because we do have roosters and we DO NOT want them attacked or injured .

We really do not have the room to build separate coop and run for the bantams . We have them in cages right now . WHAT size cage would you recommend we built that could house ALL 8 of them ? NOW DH is thinking of getting 10 more bantams they are SO LOVING and precious . In this 1st. 8 , we do have 2 bantam roosters .

So with that in mind , what size cage for all 18 ? They all get along very well and no pecking or fighting at all .

SO , what size CAGE ?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I believe the standard is 5 sq/ft of run space and 2 sq/ft of coop space for bantams. But if course, if you have more room, go for it..............

I have a bantam run with 6 bantams that is 3x12 with a small dog house coop and they are very happy little bantams.

3. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Songster

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    OK , thats one idea ... Thanks

Do you have pictures of your bantams ?

4. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I have 6 in a dog pen that is 10x10x6 (high) and they have PLENTY of room.

5. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Songster

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Do you have pictures of your bantams ?

[​IMG]

6. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My bantam coop is on the right on the first picture....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: