Questions about Cayuga ducks! (:

So I looked at my cayuga more closely and noticed he/she does have some greenish yellow on the bill! Never really noticed it until you mentioned about it.

I must have the odd one out with my cayuga then! She's a noisy girl! Quacks to be let out in the morning, quacks when she sees or hears us - and it is a very noisy loud quack! We're trying to train her not to want to be let out before 6.30/7 now so we don't annoy our neighbours! Befire she was quacking to be let out at 5am!

Our khaki campbell is very quiet. Only heard her do a koda quack when she was scared as there was a cat in the garden.

My caguya is 7 weeks old I can't tell if it has a squeaky quack or not. But it definitely isn't loud and its tail isn't curled!

The chap we got our cayuga eggs from told us that pure cayuga shouldn't have anything on them but black......as they get older they can sometimes get an odd white feather. But as a young duck black feet, black eyes, black feathers, black beak......girls are normally the loud quakers and the boys the quieter ones. My partner said is because all woman love to talk so much (cheeky soandso!!) . Tails may not curl until their first moult either...so at the younger age the quack is the best way to identify sex.....none of our cayuga are quacking yet!! Our welsh harlequin is male though (poor thing is destined for the pot!)

They're funny things to watch,I love them :)

Back
Top Bottom