questions about cockatiels

Poliala

In the Brooder
Dec 24, 2020
We have six cockatiels. One is a male Latino, and the rest are natural grey males and one female. three of the natural grey males and the female are from the same clutch (hope I'm using the right terminology). I noticed that the female and one of the males from the same clutch are super close. They groom and kissing each other. Is this a good thing? I also would like to know if I paired her with my male Latino what kind of off springs could I end up with? I ask this because I do not know what either of their parents were. Please help!!! and Thank You!!!

Lutino and not Latino is a sex linked mutation. That means that all the females offsprings would be lutino and all the males would be normal grey but split to lutino. These only apply to what we can see. I don't wnow female genetics or maybe if male is split to any other mutation.
It's not a good idea to breed kinship birds due to incest and possible problems. The birds must be pair to breed. Give them daily vegetables, boiled egg with the shell ( boil it for 15 minutes) and eggfood. After a month you can give them a big nest box to try.

We have six cockatiels. One is a male Latino, and the rest are natural grey males and one female. three of the natural grey males and the female are from the same clutch (hope I'm using the right terminology). I noticed that the female and one of the males from the same clutch are super close. They groom and kissing each other. Is this a good thing? I also would like to know if I paired her with my male Latino what kind of off springs could I end up with? I ask this because I do not know what either of their parents were. Please help!!! and Thank You!!!
members.jpg

Lutino and not Latino is a sex linked mutation. That means that all the females offsprings would be lutino and all the males would be normal grey but split to lutino. These only apply to what we can see. I don't wnow female genetics or maybe if male is split to any other mutation.
It's not a good idea to breed kinship birds due to incest and possible problems. The birds must be pair to breed. Give them daily vegetables, boiled egg with the shell ( boil it for 15 minutes) and eggfood. After a month you can give them a big nest box to try.
Thank u for all the info. Yeah I figured it was not good for kinship birds to mate, due to genetic defects. We adopted the four natural grey siblings and I noticed that the female and one of the males are a little to close. Thank u again.

Back
Top Bottom