Questions About Geese... & a small discussion about fish

Reading this thread did nothing to stop my gosling fever. :lau

Here's my two as babies! Wild to think how small they used to be.

full

They're BIG babies now! :) They were mystery goslings from a feed store employee who ordered a big batch from a hatchery (I was originally going to order sexed Romans from Metzer, but .... the window to order was short, and it was expensive ....). I asked for Toulouse: but she had a hard time telling the Toulouse babies from the African babies, so ....

They're both Africans. :) Gander & goose, I believe! Though I won't know until next spring (?) when/if they start laying. They are ornery things who love to dig and chew and occasionally chew on each other, but they're sweet and comical and very, very good watch geese.

IMG_3990.JPG IMG_3995.JPG

They're BIG babies now! :) They were mystery goslings from a feed store employee who ordered a big batch from a hatchery (I was originally going to order sexed Romans from Metzer, but .... the window to order was short, and it was expensive ....). I asked for Toulouse: but she had a hard time telling the Toulouse babies from the African babies, so ....

They're both Africans. :) Gander & goose, I believe! Though I won't know until next spring (?) when/if they start laying. They are ornery things who love to dig and chew and occasionally chew on each other, but they're sweet and comical and very, very good watch geese.

View attachment 1985347 View attachment 1985348
They are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom