Questions about Holderread's

Ravie

Songster
9 Years
Aug 4, 2010
Greenfield, Indiana
Hi everyone,

This past weekend, I sent out my order for Holderread's ducklings. Now, I'm seeing posts from people saying that you have to place orders in the fall before the next hatch season because Holderread's sells out. I'm really worried I'm too late!

Additionally, I was wondering if Holderread's ever sends extras?

I am so spoiled. So used to ordering things online and knowing instantly if something is out of stock or unavailable. This is new ground for me. I don't like not knowing when/if I'll even get my duckies!

When a breed is sold out, they put that on their web site. If the breed is still listed as available, then it is still available.

The only thing is that you can't always get the hatch date that you want. It's not a huge hatchery, hatching out millions every week, so you have to wait until yor breed is available. They do send out emails when it gets close to shipping.

I received 2 packing peanuts in my box of ducklings, but no extra of the breed I ordered.

i had to order my black east indies a year in advance.
I ordered just after fall shipping time.they only ship out young adults of that breed at that time.
so mine dont come until october 1st. 2012.
testing my patience

i had to order my black east indies a year in advance.
I ordered just after fall shipping time.they only ship out young adults of that breed at that time.
so mine dont come until october 1st. 2012.
testing my patience

I am in the same boat, but I want adults of EQ so I'm willing to wait, but it is hard!

I put a order to be sent out marchish. Havnt gotten a email that they set the eggs yet though. So we will so what happens....

I called him yesterday to ask about Welshies and he was saying they weren't laying fertile yet and that he expected to start sending them out in May. (We only discussed harlequins though). On the upside I got to ask a breeding question from the man who wrote my book on the subject! So I'm not too dissapointed.

Back
Top Bottom