Questions about my quails!!!!

Ms.Melba :

Here is a picture of my babies.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l262/Melba26/IMAG0713.jpg

They are on 'Kaytee Exact HandFeeding with DHA Omega3'

Can i also give them a bath? Obviously not with soap and water, lol!!!!!!

Ps They are finishing up on eating, so if its messy, sorry.

Coturnix quail (which is what you have) can be fed a high-protein starter feed. If you can't get gamebird starter (at least 28% protein) you can use a high-protein chick starter (24%). Coturnix, and other similar birds, take 'dry' baths. This would be a pan of sand or other type of dirt. You'll want to keep their food and water available 24/7 because they grow very fast. They can eat on their own from hatch.​

I don't hand feed them. I just put it on a little plate and they eat. I remove it after they aren't eating it which is about 15 mins after but I always leave water for them.

Ms.Melba :

I don't hand feed them. I just put it on a little plate and they eat. I remove it after they aren't eating it which is about 15 mins after but I always leave water for them.

As chicks, coturnix will sleep about 15 mins, then get up and eat,drink and back to sleep. This is changes only when there old enough to breed. Then is breed,eat,drink,poop,sleep...Feed should be available at all times, mine have full feed their whole life. Good Luck, Bill​

Back
Top Bottom