Questions about small chicks!

Taylerlynn

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2020
Hi all, I am a new mom to some chicks and some ducklings
One of my baby chicks is small, he/she chirps ALOT, been eating and drinking. But i notice that he/she lays around a lot and also walks a little funny. I got them from tractor supply. He looks only maybe a few days old. Is this normal behavior? I would hate to think he won’t make it😭 please help guys i am so worried that somethings wrong

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 11
Post a photo of one of the others. I recently had a hatch. I had to assist a chick out of the egg. That chick was on the small side for the first week. Also sleeping a lot. I did not think it was going to make it. But we're going on three weeks and you would never know that she was the runt.

Post a photo of one of the others. I recently had a hatch. I had to assist a chick out of the egg. That chick was on the small side for the first week. Also sleeping a lot. I did not think it was going to make it. But we're going on three weeks and you would never know that she was the runt.
He can get up randomly and just start running! His legs are the normal pink color

I will post a picture! But they are Barred Rocks although i do have one bantam but she’s doing great

Back
Top Bottom