Questions about winter ventilation

Here is a pix. it is a stationary vent, not activated like a dryer cove vent.
View attachment 2379328

this is what i used as well, works very well :D picture below
119685243_1666275190217724_8941402190397842162_n.jpg

Thank you so much, I will pick up a couple of these vents this weekend. Can raccoons get in through a 2.5” opening in the eaves? They are surrounded by electric poultry netting and it usually measures 3,000 volts. No overhanging branches for them to use to get into it, either. I do think it is technically a tad bit small for a snowstorm if everyone wanted to be on the floor of the coop, but if we had a real snowstorm here, there would be a complete breakdown of society, haha. They do have a giant bush that they spend a lot of time under in the run. Honestly, when I ordered the coop I never dreamed all of my chicks would make it (again, knock on wood!) with everything I hear about predators so I should have planned ahead better. At least it forces me to ignore my chicken math tendencies!

Thank you so much, I will pick up a couple of these vents this weekend. Can raccoons get in through a 2.5” opening in the eaves?

I have the same gap on my coop without any netting on it and have not had any problems with racoons - but that doesn't mean you wouldn't. Its always something that can be easily added if need be. If you have electric poultry net surrounding it my guess is that you'd be fine without it. But its never a bad idea to be prepared.

Back
Top Bottom