Questions..

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by TheRookie, Apr 3, 2012.

1. TheRookie

TheRookie Chillin' With My Peeps

First question.. What would you get if you mixed a RIR with a RIW? My guess is that the offspring would be mainly red but I could be wrong.

Second question.. What breed of chicken is your favorite? Id do a poll but I dont want to leave anyones favorite out.

Third... If your breed has multiple colors, what color is your favorite?

For example my favorite is the Silkie and I prefer Splash and Partridge. Just curious and looking into future breeds/colors.

2. Queen of the chickens

Queen of the chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Unionville, MO
    Qustion 1: No idea

Question 2: I can't choose just one. For layers I love Black Australorps and Cuckoo Marans and for "pets" I love Cochin Bantams (Black, White and all combinations of those colors) and Millie Fluer Bearded Belgian D'Uccles.

3. TheRookie

Oh I love Cuckoos! Of any breed lol

4. TheRookie

Another Question... What would a primarily white chicken with a golden/reddish head be? Im pretty sure its a bantam but havent gotten very close so I dont have much of a size comparison. Its running with the 5 black ones in my backyard (left behind by old neighbors).

5. Meara

Meara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Midwest
    Pictures would help!

I think that RIW is based on the allele for dominant white so when crossed with a RIR the bird will have a great deal of white, like a white tail.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by