Quick City Limit Question

Not all HOAs are created alike. And virtually all give some value-added service--be it common areas and ammenities, gated entries or simply that they usually have the ability to require that property be maintained and not fall into decay. They are a private contract between the association and each member. My gripe is with cities/towns that require new developments to be formed as HOAs; to my mind that takes away a person's freedom to choose or not to enter into a contract--forcing them to choose between one contract and another, but not allowing them to bypass that private contract altogether.

We have a little more than 2 and a half acres of land. We have privacy trees that acts as a "fence" so neighbors cant see our backyard. It is a very small neighborhood at about 30 houses. It is on a road where a place has horses. Across the street of the neighborhood is a good 100+ acres of woods. The lot beside us is abandoned, another lot on the side of us is a creek with woods, on the other side of that is an abandoned lot, across from us is a place where the owners are never there,( we take care of their pets most of the time), the house diagonal from is abandoned, and the last lot diagonal from us has college kids who rent it. So I dont think there would be too much of a nosy neighbor problem, the only way they could see in our backyard would be to walk back there themselves. So that probably wont happen. And I have a enclosed area that would be for free ranging at certain hours during the day, when not free ranging, they would have access to their coop and run. The run would have plenty of grass and bugs. I was thinking that I could plant more trees,flowers and bushes near and around the coop to make it more like the look of a garden or playhouse or something. I do have a space in our back yard that would be guarded by the privacy trees about half way around. It should be far away enough from other houses.
Thank you for all the replies and help
smile.png

Happy Holidays,
SSF

Back
Top Bottom