Quick Egg Question

We have 5 Golden 300 Hybrids and 5 White Layer. Out of the 8 females (golden 300 and white layer) we used to get 1 blue egg. However, we only get white eggs now. Hope that answers your question.

How do you guys like your 300’s? I am considering getting some this spring and want to know how people like them for the small family flock eggs.

I started out with WH and after predators thinned down my flock I thinking of adding some of these to try out.

I love them. Ours are friendly and are pretty quiet. If they get scared they can get loud, but overall they are a very calm temperament. And they lay very well, in the summer months we got an egg a day from each of our ducks (5 Golden 300, 5 White Layer). We lost one of our 300's in September last year, she was one of the louder ones :(

They are pretty much the same since the White Layers are directly derived from Golden 300's. But in my experience the White Layers are a little more friendly and cute because they are fluffy white (especially after a bath). Also I've noticed that of the two predator attacks, one where I lost a duck and the other just a few weeks ago by a hawk (she was injured but doing well now), both times it was the Golden 300's that were hurt. Probably just a coincidence, but I read somewhere that predators don't prefer the white because it is unnatural.

Here's pictures (I will jump at every opportunity to post a picture of m ducks :D

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    382.4 KB · Views: 14
The 300 ducks all have blue beaks (except the drake's which is greenish). The white layers that have black on their beaks is because they are laying. The White Layer drake has a yellow beak. :)

Back
Top Bottom