Quick Egg Selling Rant....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whitehouse Quail, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Sorry, but this is just bugging me! (Not directed at anyone on BYC.)

Do you ever have a customer that will not let anything go? This guy bought a pre order, and I told him a projected ship date. I then emailed him two weeks before my projection and pushed it out indefintely, as our weather was not facilitating laying in the quail barn, if you catch my drift. He says okay. Earlier this week, I receive an email asking what my excuse is going to be for not shipping them out. I sucked it up and took it, but it still made me a little frustrated! I've not been making excuses, I've been telling the truth and never making promises I couldn't keep. He views it as me being a shoddy seller, trying to screw him over. Ugh!

Thanks for letting me rant, no one else in my county understands why egg selling is such a finicky business. [​IMG]

2. BarnChick

BarnChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Spirit Lake
    so tell him that if he wants his eggs quicker, he can lay them himself. [​IMG]

but no, really, thats too bad that he doesn't understand it takes time and the right conditions to lay. Sorry

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

One of the major reasons I've never sold pre-order eggs.....too many things can happen and then you don't have eggs to send.

4. Hi! That would be a simple one for me. *I* would refund his payment and tell him I will email when eggs are available again.
    No harm, no foul --- but I do not like to keep people waiting for eggs that might or might not be laid.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa
    ps: I've never pre-sold or bought pre-sold eggs, so maybe the indefinite waiting is a given with 'pre-sold' eggs?

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Me too.

I would just refund his money and tell him that since he doesn't want/can't wait to forget it.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    just give him back his money...
    I also would never order and pre-pay for eggs that arent laid yet...lol

7. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

Quote:x2

8. Hoppelchen

Hoppelchen Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2010
    Quote:I've pre-ordered so I could keep my small brooder busy and because I wanted 60 eggs. So, being able to pre-order and ask for a projected delivery date is a great service I much apprechiate.

You're not a shoddy seller, he is a rude customer and if I was you, I'd refund the man and no longer take his business, life is too short to deal with folks that don't have manners.

9. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    There are so many variables when it comes to ordering any kind of live stock. I give the benefit of doubt to the breeder and have not been disapointed or stiffed yet.

10. Hi! Recent events lead me to believe this has not been resolved.
    What am I missing?
    Lisa
    edited to add: Problem is resolved.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by