quick hovabator help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tellynpeep, May 11, 2011.

1. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    I set up the hovabator 36 hours ago and it is reading (two separate digital thermometers) 97 and 97.5. An oral baby thermometer reads 98.6... I want to increase the thermostat by 1/2 to 1 degree. The instructions on this are clear as MUD.. Do I turn off all switches, then ON 5 4 3 2 1? Then toggle the 8 on? Or turn off all switches and back on 8 4 3 2 1??

The eggs have arrived (of course!) so I need help soon! Thanks!!

2. shesaredroan

shesaredroan Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:tellynpeep,
    You might contact GQM (Georgia Quail Manufacturing Co.) Savannah GA. Their phone # is 912/236-0651. I bought both of my hovabators from them and they were very helpful when I had questions. [​IMG]

3. Smith farm

Smith farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Blum, Tx
    I saw this on GQM's website the other day they gave what seemed like pretty easy directions on that bator. Hope it helps

4. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    I called gqf and I am even more confused. The person told me to just turn off switch 4 and turn on switch 6. This is NOT what the directions say at all! Any other advice? Thanks!

5. Smith farm

Smith farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Blum, Tx
    Ok I apologize they are clear as mud it does say though that this model is preset and can only be adjusted up or down by half to 1 degree. Then say turn off the preset switch and turn on the proper one which seems to me would just be a trial and error situation. Hopefully someone on here can help out more than I have lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by