Quick Ivermec question

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
I can't remember what the oral dose is for 1% Ivermec for an adult peahen; she weighs about 10 lbs. She has face lice. She will eat out of my hand, so I can put it in a treat. I'd like to treat all three of them, though I don't see evidence of lice on the other two they probably do have them. But the other two won't eat out of my hand, so I'd have to toss it to them. If one steals a medicine laced treat from another, and gets a double dose, will they overdose? We have another adult female, about ten pounds, and a juvenile male, probably about 7 or 8 pounds. Those two are the ones that won't eat out of my hand.

I do not use the injectable, only the pour-on. Perhaps this will give you some ideas, or you could get some of the pour-on, that I know works.
IMG_4098.JPG

Thank you. I found the dose for the injectible. It does work I have used it before and much easier in this case. I have used the pour on also and I know it works too.

I use the injectable and give it orally. The dose I use is 1 mg/kg, which is 0.05 ml per pound. Given orally it will treat lice, leg mites, possible other types of mites, and it might treat large roundworms. It will not treat capillary worms or cecal worms.

I use the injectable and give it orally. The dose I use is 1 mg/kg, which is 0.05 ml per pound. Given orally it will treat lice, leg mites, possible other types of mites, and it might treat large roundworms. It will not treat capillary worms or cecal worms.
Yes, thanks I looked up the dosage you recommended and gave it to her last Friday. She's much better. And it's pretty safe too apparently because I gave a dose to all three peas in a piece of bread, but the third pea didn't get hers because our smallest mottled cochin hen, who weighs about two pounds, stole it from her. I was so afraid my little hen would get sick, but it didn't faze her at all! Nonetheless, I will be lots more careful next time!

Back
Top Bottom