1. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Well, I just couldn't put those tools down. Now look what we went and built. I started out by myself but DH couldn't stand it and had to help. We had it made in only 5 hours! [​IMG]
    I used the ideas I found here on BYC. Because you guys are pretty darn smart and I wanted to have a neat little pen for the use.
    I knew in my head how it should look so I marked the boards, DH sawed and screwed the frame together and we added the wire. Even the door wasn't so hard this time![​IMG]
    Originally I was going to use it for my new chickens coming in but since we have a bad boy roo right now we put him in it. He is very offended that he has to be picked up twice a day to go in and out of the barn but this pen is good for just day use.
    I think I will build about 4 or 5 more since they move around so easy but I plan to make it more predator proof.
    It measures 4X6 and is 32" high so I can reach inside.
    Remember, I am not a builder!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Looks great. I may have to build a couple of them. Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    What I found to be so neat is that I bought the wood and had 2 extra sheets of the PVC panels on hand. All the wood came out almost right, I did have to pull out one more board from storage and the 2 PVC panels were perfect. I didn't need more or less.
    The extra pieces of board left from the ends being cut I had thought to brace the corners but it seems very stable without that.

4. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    Looks good Nadine,,, I love nothin more than cruzin around lookin at everyones coops. Great Work,,,thanks DH,,,just remember,,,,if the hens are happy,,everyones happy,,,and they look happy!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Good job! Isn't it a great feeling when things just go right together like that, no waste, no fuss? [​IMG]

I sure wish it happened to *me* more often LOL

Pat

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Great job!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by