Quick pen

WestKnollAmy

The Crazy Chicken Lady
Apr 22, 2008
upstate SC
Well, I just couldn't put those tools down. Now look what we went and built. I started out by myself but DH couldn't stand it and had to help. We had it made in only 5 hours!
ep.gif

I used the ideas I found here on BYC. Because you guys are pretty darn smart and I wanted to have a neat little pen for the use.
I knew in my head how it should look so I marked the boards, DH sawed and screwed the frame together and we added the wire. Even the door wasn't so hard this time!
celebrate.gif

Originally I was going to use it for my new chickens coming in but since we have a bad boy roo right now we put him in it. He is very offended that he has to be picked up twice a day to go in and out of the barn but this pen is good for just day use.
I think I will build about 4 or 5 more since they move around so easy but I plan to make it more predator proof.
It measures 4X6 and is 32" high so I can reach inside.
Remember, I am not a builder!

9332_front_quarter_view.jpg

9332_side_of_pen.jpg

9332_mad_barnie.jpg

What I found to be so neat is that I bought the wood and had 2 extra sheets of the PVC panels on hand. All the wood came out almost right, I did have to pull out one more board from storage and the 2 PVC panels were perfect. I didn't need more or less.
The extra pieces of board left from the ends being cut I had thought to brace the corners but it seems very stable without that.

Looks good Nadine,,, I love nothin more than cruzin around lookin at everyones coops. Great Work,,,thanks DH,,,just remember,,,,if the hens are happy,,everyones happy,,,and they look happy!!!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
D.gif
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom