Quick question about advertising

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Boggy Bottom Bantams, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    I was wondering if it would be cool w/ the mods and creators of BYC if I put a clickable link or banner up on my website that leads to the BYC website. I would love for the visitors to my website to be able to visit BYC.com. I've only been here for a short time but really enjoy it here and would like to promote BYC if its alright w/ you. [​IMG]

2. chickenlover210

chickenlover210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2008
    the Usa
    yeah me too I have some really cool youtube videos and so afr in the past 2 days more then 10 hits each and like no one knows about them

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Boggy Bottom Bantams, what a fun site!

We actually encourage people to link to BYC from their sites, especially if they have their websites in their signatures or a website in their profile.

As far as banners, we suggest you take one of the BYC bumper sticker images and use that as a banner to link to BYC:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/bumper-stickers.html

Let me know how that works, and thanks for the post.

4. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Thanks for asking this, as I was wondering, too!! I do have BYC linked on my site, and I wanted to make sure that that was enough for it to be OK w/the mods to link your site in your sig line & profile. I was just coming here to post a question about that but I already got my question answered! Cool! I'm going to go check out the bumper stickers and see if I can't set up a fancier click-through link than the plain 'ol text one I have now... [​IMG]

ETA: Added a click-through banner to my links page http://www.freewebs.com/brookvalleyfarms/links.htm The bumper sticker image worked great!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  5. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Quote:Cool! Thanks! Ill add the linked banner ASAP!! [​IMG]

Okay Ive added the banner. Check it out!! [​IMG] Just click on my website link below...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  6. Nifty-Chicken

Wow, great job to both of you! The sites and the links look excellent!

7. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
  8. Rooster Tooth Jacket

Rooster Tooth Jacket Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2007
    SLC
    hmmm
    maybe it's time to build some cut and paste buttons.

9. Nifty-Chicken

Great idea!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by