Quick question... I hope someone’s up.

Brahmb

Songster
Oct 13, 2018
Adirondacks, NY
Hi.

I just brought home a companion duck for my last mallard. She’s a female Khaki Campbell not too much larger than Dewey. I put her in the enclosure and Dewey hid in a corner. The new duck followed her there and they stood next to each other until I chased them back under the heat lamp where they are standing next to each other. Should I worry about aggressiveness if they haven’t attacked each other yet? Do I dare leave them alone together for the night?

Thanks!

if they didnt have all day outside ide take the one youve had the longest inside and let the new one get used to the coop

Then let them have all day tomotow to get to know each other

But truthfully ide just let them be together. theyll love each other or figuire out a pecking order

I was scared about this too when I got 2 new girls to add to my flock. I was thinking that I'd put them in another pen but after they spent all day together with a little bickering with the old ones when it came time for bed they all marched into the same pen and settled right in. I was so nervous I went back out and checked to make sure there was no fighting or commotion and there wasn't a peep. Not saying yours will do that but it could happen!

Dewey is the smaller mallard and new duck is larger Khaki. I think Dewey is very happy to have a friend again!
88A7D81E-869B-42B4-8E21-12E7E6C355C4.jpeg
477CE9AF-674E-449D-8B21-10F6AD67CCFE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom