QUICK question..lvg soon..I AM able to put these

I posed the same question to the manager at the local feed store as their chick arrival schedule would make it so I had day olds with 1-2 week olds, same as you. He said there is NO problem mixing them up to a month old. The month old is mostly due to the temperature difference, and of course the size they'll grow into by 1 month. In other words, per my information and plan, mix them no problem.

well they are seperated for today; I went to put one in last night and he curled up in a corner and whimpered almost...he wouldnt move even w/the older ones standing on his head..
so I figured i'd give them a few days to get stronger and more active and put them in with the older ones when we move to the garage brooder..

It's not so much if the bigger ones are aggressive... more likely they will end up stomping all over the little ones. I wouldn't mix those ages, too big of a difference. See if you can cut a cardboard box to make dividers.

Thanks..
how do I introduce them in the big brooder..cause it'll be safe wouldnt you think in about 2 wks or so..the new ones will be 2 wks old..
the other ones not quite a month..and they'll be in the bigger brooder...so would i need to "intro" them to be safe??

This was a REALLY dumb idea to get another set of them..

You can *try* introducing them when they are bigger, but just make sure you sit there and watch them, again for the stomping reasons.

I always have 2 brooders going and a baby coop so I can separate everyone until they are about 8 weeks + then I can put them together with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom