Quick question. My duckling is over a week old and her navel is still scrapped over.

AmyA248

Songster
Jun 20, 2022
Hi,

My little duckling Goldie, who had the bad leg, also has a scab on her navel still.
I haven’t seen this before and was wondering if it’s normal?

And she’s a Muscovy but looks like a Pekin. Lol! No colors.
Please excuse her wet chest, she was able to play in her water dispenser for the first time and soaked herself and the entire brooder..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 13
I think it should be fine, I’ve had gosling’s go up to a week and a half with a scab still on the navel and they turned out fine
Thank you so much!
I’m a worrier, big time, especially with this one who has had such a hard time since birth.
Maybe now that she can get wet it will help soften it. She had a rather large boot on all the way up her leg and couldn’t play in the water dispenser.

Have you ever had a duckling that would cry (ear piercingly) if her brooder mate was taken out?
I have separate ages of 5 inside right now, 2 older ones in a playpen and week olds in a brooder. When I take out the oldest her brooder mate who is quite younger will let out the most piercing peeps I’ve ever heard, non stop!
It’s actually painful to hear.
The older one thinks she’s a cat and loves to be held and snuggled. She imprinted with me because she was a lone duckling for 7 days, so she wears a diaper and hangs out in her bed in the living room, but I always have to put her back in the playpen because her buddy causes such a commotion that she wakes my toddler and interrupts daily life.
I’m at a loss because I don’t want to stress the little one, but the older one no longer wants to be in the playpen and she jumps out.. 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi,

My little duckling Goldie, who had the bad leg, also has a scab on her navel still.
I haven’t seen this before and was wondering if it’s normal?

And she’s a Muscovy but looks like a Pekin. Lol! No colors.
Please excuse her wet chest, she was able to play in her water dispenser for the first time and soaked herself and the entire brooder..
If it looks infected you can put antibiotic ointment without pain relief on it
If it looks fine no swelling or redness I would just leave it

Thank you so much!
I’m a worrier, big time, especially with this one who has had such a hard time since birth.
Maybe now that she can get wet it will help soften it. She had a rather large boot on all the way up her leg and couldn’t play in the water dispenser.

Have you ever had a duckling that would cry (ear piercingly) if her brooder mate was taken out?
I have separate ages of 5 inside right now, 2 older ones in a playpen and week olds in a brooder. When I take out the oldest her brooder mate who is quite younger will let out the most piercing peeps I’ve ever heard, non stop!
It’s actually painful to hear.
The older one thinks she’s a cat and loves to be held and snuggled. She imprinted with me because she was a lone duckling for 7 days, so she wears a diaper and hangs out in her bed in the living room, but I always have to put her back in the playpen because her buddy causes such a commotion that she wakes my toddler and interrupts daily life.
I’m at a loss because I don’t want to stress the little one, but the older one no longer wants to be in the playpen and she jumps out.. 🤷‍♀️
Yes, that’s happened, they get quite attached to each other😅

Back
Top Bottom