Pekin hen not recovering

Thank you for your comment.

I'm in British Columbia - where do you purchase your Durvet from?

And yes, I use the actual crushed oyster shells not the limestone grits.

I will buy some nutritional yeast from grocery store then.
Amazon was selling the durvet calcium
Although I don’t see it now
My friend brought me a few bottles of the B complex when she came down but I did post a site that sells here
You can also private message me
If you sent me the money I paid for the bottle and shipping I can send you one that has not been used
I have 2 extra large bottles here

Thank you for your reply.

I feed her layer pellets 16%. She has access to oyster shells, but maybe she doesn't like them. She weigh more like 7-10lbs I believe.

I can't get either of those durvet products in Canada so will look for different brands I might be able to use. The only Terramycin I can get is the attached photo - will that work?

I will read through the wet feather article tonight after work.

Appreciate your input.
That Terramycin is really good stuff

That Terramycin is really good stuff
Do you happen to know how much is appropriate and where exactly I should place the paste / cream?

At the moment I am doing only a very small amount in the corner of her eye, hoping her inner lid will disperse it across rest of eye.

Appreciate your thoughts.

@BlackRaven27 when I use it I go all the way around the eye it will not hurt to do it this way. You want to get enough in there that it hits the infection or what ever may be going on. A thin line.
Thank you. I have been using a Q-tip and she of course really doesn't like it but I will use a greater amount tomorrow morning. I'm doing it in the morning and at night.

I wrap mine in a towel place it between my legs to hold onto them then use the tube to go around the eye with the thin line. If you can contain her then you have one hand to use the tube and the other to hold her head still while applying. You can even use your finger to spread it around or a q tip what ever you prefer. Just make sure you have clean hands you don't want to add more bacteria to the problem.

Back
Top Bottom