quick question re: chick delivery

Aelinn

Hatching
5 Years
May 8, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Are chicks shipped to your doorstep? Or do you have to go get them at the post office? I'm thinking of ordering from My Pet Chicken, I live in St. Louis city.

jtn42248

Crowing
7 Years
Are chicks shipped to your doorstep? Or do you have to go get them at the post office? I'm thinking of ordering from My Pet Chicken, I live in St. Louis city.
Depends on your post office. I am pretty rural and I just call my local post office to let them know I am expecting live birds and request they call me on arrival. Then I go pick them up. If your post office allows that I would suggest it as your best bet for live healthy chicks being delivered. Otherwise they ride around all day in a post office vehicle subject to jostling about and the weather.

Percheron chick

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 12, 2013
Hudson, Colorado
Post office. You don't want them in transit an extra 10 hours in a cold mail truck. Your phone # will be plastered on the outside of the box and you should get a call before the PO opens to come pick them up.

oldhenlikesdogs

Grateful
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 16, 2015
Wisconsin
I have been paying the extra charge for the fancy shipping and my post office comes right to my house in a special van, I am rural and get mine from MPC. I used to have to go get them at the PO at 6 in the morning, hopefully they keep coming to my door.

Aelinn

Hatching
5 Years
May 8, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Hm, so I'll have some calls to make when it comes time to add to my flock--I either need to work out home delivery, or find a friend to pick them up for me. (The joys of no car of my own and a husband with a crazy work schedule!)

Top Bottom