Quick, talk me down from getting the "free surprise chick"!

I'm about to place my order to Mcmurray, the free chick box was automatically checked......I'm on the Fence!
My last free chick was a dandy Brahma roo, he was a gentlemen and a lump and since this chick will most likely be a roo too I'm considering the likelihood of having too good (and on the quieter side) roos in a row.
I even received $50 for new chicks from a neighbor I had only spoke to a few times because she missed my chickens, especially the crowing so I feel like I should follow through and get one.
To roo or not to roo, that is the question.
Or I could order another Brahma...
I say GO FOR IT!
You have a 50/50 chance 🤣
I did get a pullet (White Leghorn) one year when I got a "free chick" so you never know what you'll get.

I even received $50 for new chicks from a neighbor I had only spoke to a few times because she missed my chickens, especially the crowing so I feel like I should follow through and get one.
WOW!
Get the free chick....unless you ordered some straight runs.

Did you lose your whole flock?

WOW!
Get the free chick....unless you ordered some straight runs.

Did you lose your whole flock?
I did, I had to leave them to evacute from a fire and the elk broke down the run, I had one left over but she was also taken by coyotes.
I'm getting hot wire for this time around.

I did, I had to leave them to evacute from a fire and the elk broke down the run, I had one left over but she was also taken by coyotes.
I'm getting hot wire for this time around.
Oh my land. I'm so sorry that happened!
Hotwire sounds like a great idea.
Personally, I would be all for getting a free surprise chick. We butcher our own chickens around here, so if it ends up to be an unpleasant cockerel or just something that's not going to work out, it won't be a big deal to make soup out of it.

Oh my land. I'm so sorry that happened!
Hotwire sounds like a great idea.
Personally, I would be all for getting a free surprise chick. We butcher our own chickens around here, so if it ends up to be an unpleasant cockerel or just something that's not going to work out, it won't be a big deal to make soup out of it.
Thanks, I'm not afraid to dispatch if I have to, I'm slightly more concerned over the noise except that my hens were noisier than the rooster so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom