quick turkey question

ninny

Songster
12 Years
Jul 1, 2007
IL side of the QCA
I am wanting to get a couple of turkeys to be the main course at thanksgiving for next year. However, I do not want to have to build them a house. My chickens will not be using there coop as they will be in the tractors for the summer. I can bleach the coop , however they will be in the chickens winter run. It is thick woods and grass. Would I be able to keep the turkeys in there or no? If not any threads that show coops/runs for turkeys that are temporary?

If you don't have black head in your area its fine to raise Turkeys and Chickens together as long as you have enough room they will need the higher protein game bird feed and then after 8 weeks I started mixing laying pellets with the starter till about 10 weeks then straight laying pellets free ranging and table scraps is a plus.
Your double breasted take about 4 to 6 months to get big the heritage birds 8 months and maybe more.
My Red Bourbons are little over 4 months and the Toms are around 12 pounds and the Hens are around 7 pounds hope to double that in another 4 months.
You will need to just stay with this thread and read it often there are a lot of people her with great information and Ideas I have learned a lot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom