Quiet Roosters?

DomiHentrix

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Thurston County, WA
I know that all Roosters crow, however I read somewhere that some Roosters are particularly loud. Soo..are there any that are particularly quiet, or is that more individual than anything else?

I have 2 brahma brothers and they could not crow more different. 1 is as loud as can be, while big brother is content to be very quiet.
idunno.gif
hmm.png

Last edited:
It seems I've read a lot of posts lately about junior roos not crowing until they become the alpha. Of course, that means you'd need an alpha who crows. Mine are loud, loud, loud.

I am afraid of how loud Iggy is going to be.
roll.png

He was a non stop "talker" when he was a chick. All day and all night. twitters and peeps. He isnt as talky now that they are outside,,, but I am dreading the crowing. I really want him to be "quiet" so I can keep him.

My silkie rooster(s) is not as loud as my barred rock rooster is, my neighbor asked me one day if I had a screaming child out back, LOL !!!!

Quote:
LOL!! I wonder about my Henry (Barred Rock Rooster) he's only 6 weeks but soo quiet. I have no idea wqhat it will be like when he starts crowing! All his ladies seem more vocal than him. Even my three little chochins that I call The Supremes.

I just got two chickens these are my forst ones I know I have a male and a female they bothare about 7 months old. I was wndering when do the males crow? Please tell me my little girls keep asking and I have no idea.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom