quiliting question

Freebie

Songster
12 Years
Feb 4, 2007
Bloomingdale, MI
I know there is a way to put photo right on fabric. Is there a way to do this for quilting? Like making a photo quilt? Does this take a special printer? I am thinking of giving this a try... please help, lol.

Quote:
there are ton's of free website information on this topic. i used to do this for wedding and baby quilts & wallhangings. if you go to the JoAnn fabric website, i think it's still there.

Thank you, I just went and checked it out. Did not find any free information. Though I did find a book I can purchase online. Will order it. Thanks again.

Just search photo fabric on ebay and buy a pack of the cotton poplin...I just printed 12 (comes in a pack of 6 normally ...81/2 x 11 size sheets..or you can get a roll and cut it) but what I printed, regualr old ..literally older printer, came out incredible..the quality shocked me..awesome!! Then you have to rinse them to get the extra ink off, then let it dry and cut and make blcoks with them or however you want to integrate them into your quilt...I am making a racing themed quilt for my son and I am so incredibly impressed with the quality of the picture that I will def. be doing more!!! Easy peasy, no trouble at all..do try it you won't be disappointed!!! I imagine all fabric shops have the photo fabric, maybe even walmart...but look at the fabric, some is muslin....I liked the poplin becasue it was a bit thicker and I thought it would work with my quilt better and I was right. Good luck and save your money on the book, you don't need one
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom