Quilt Block Swap Due April 30 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Everyone,

Thought I'd just drop a line. FenRosie has already said that both of us are in this chicken swap but I need to log in in order to get the automatic updates from this thread(?) everyday. Is this a thread?

Hi to all the old friends and hello to all the new ones.

I'm glad we're doing another chicken block swap as I must have had a vision or something after we finished the last one because I bought a metre of chicken material at an Area Day with no understanding why I did! (We have Area Days which correspond to Counties for members of the Quilters Guild of the British Isles here in the UK. They are great fun, you make loads of friends and learn so much. We have faith lunches which is nothing to do with Faith with a capital F. You just take a plateful of something and hope that everyone else does and have 'faith' that there will be enough for everyone. There is always a guest speaker and we get to see some amazing quilts. Usually there is a workshop with the speaker the following day but then places are limited. I always try & sign up early).

Hi,
Glad all is good where you are and your Faith meetings sound wonderful, we don't have anything like that in my little town, there is a quilters guild that meets close to me, but I like just being here in this little world. Stay warm and can't wait to see the new chicken blocks.

Well Marty, You can count me in for this swap also. I've debated since I have another grandbaby and great grandbaby due in April and May and another great grandbaby due in July. That one will be a crocheted blanket since the other grandma will be making a quilt. I'll make one later for it once I know whether it's a boy or girl. The ones due in April and May are both going to be girls.

My decision to join this swap came from an omen. I was browsing a quilt magazine in Walmart and found this pattern for rooster and hens that are appliqued. They jumped out at me and said, "make me, make me." Fall colors will be good with them also. I have 8 blocks done on the Late Winter Swap and will really get into them when our weather turns bad again. Right now it's sunny and mild and I'm cleaning up the garden a bit.

I still have the owl in the coop. It comes and goes so I think it's after the mice and a place to get in out of the weather. Burrowing owls usually are in groups so this one might have lost it's friends and is a loner. At least that's what my Audobon friend says.

Is there still room for a chicken lover that has no chickens of her own?!?!

Hi tracibug. We always welcome more people. The more the merrier and we get more fantastic blocks no matter the skill level. It's a fun way to show off our skills and meet friends.

Ordered some new chicken fabric that should be coming in any day now. I think I have a block picked out as well. Looking forward to the swap as I haven't done one in a few years. And that was with my treadle group where all the blocks are sewn using treadles or handcranks. Any one else have any of those that they use?

Sorry Marty, I'm going to have to back out of this one. Something has come up and I'm not going to be able to do this one. I will have the Late Winter blocks finished soon and will mail them out as soon as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom