Quilterler

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by quilterler, Feb 16, 2012.

1. quilterler

quilterler New Egg

Feb 16, 2012
    Hi, my name is Linda Rawlinson of Rhuddlan in North Wales in the United Kingdom. My husband and I have just started keeping chickens. Tony, my husband, told me on Christmas Day that I was having four bald hens for my present so on January 7th this year we rescued four ex-batt chickens. They came to us in quite poor condition but now they are coming along quite well. I think this was the best Christmas present ever!!!

Along with four hens, we have two rescued dogs, CJ the boxer and Midge who is a Heinz 57 i.e. we don't know what she is! We also have several fish in our pond that were left on our doorstep in a bucket and also an eel in a tank which we rescued from some naughty children who were playing with it.

We live in a lovely place in North Wales and we are lovving having our feathered girlies! I will post pictures of them quite soon.

As you can see from my title, I am also an avid quilter so expect plenty of pictures of my quilts of chickens how much fun will that be.

Thanks for letting me join your community.

Regards to all.

Linda

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Glad you joined!!!

[​IMG]

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Linda! Bless you for taking them all in and loving them! [​IMG] [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! I'm certain you're going to love it here as well! [​IMG]

6. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Hello from across the pond! [​IMG] Welcome from Ohio! [​IMG]

7. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by