Quite a few unknowns....

ChickenMama8

Hatching
10 Years
Nov 8, 2009
Worthington Springs, Fl
I have 8 chickens.
We are pretty sure of the breeds of 2 ( a male & feamale Black sex link or Black star)

Here are the others.

1 this is Jake. He is maybe 8 inches tall AND very squeaky. When he crows he sounds like my dogs squeak toys. (This is why we keep the dogs away)
znt02c.jpg

2 This is Hawk (the Male Black sex link??)
2gy7rdi.jpg

3 & 4 This is Lucky (white one) and Pepper. Pepper is our oldest (4 years old). We also think she is a Black sex link or Black star. (Both hens)
2r5x4xv.jpg

5 This one is bumble bee. Hes really quite pretty. But, is flighty and a nervous rooster.
sn2iqv.jpg

6 and 7 This is a hen that we have 2 of. But, I only have one photo .... their names are Merry and Pippin.
jrb7te.jpg

We have a new one that my neighbor found. She has the same coloring has Merry & Pip, but, she is a little darker. She gets picked on by the other 2, becuase we have just recently introduced them. I dont like that she gets picked on, but, we dont have another choice at the moment.

Any way. If anyone can tell me what kind they are I'd be greatful

Jake is Nankin Bantam.Hawk-Partrige Rock.3and 4-White Rock and Blacl Sex Link.#6-Owlbeard or Bad Brabanter.6 and 7-Production Reds

I petty much agree with ve. Hawk is definitely not a Black Sexlink roo, they are Barred. He does look like a Partridge Rock. I would say that the white one is questionable, too floppy of a comb for a white rock, may be a cross.

((Thank you for the clarifications!!
big_smile.png
) [clap]

ohhh -- the white ones comb is floppy becuase she got into something and tore her comb almost off her head. I had to wash it and put on some triple antibiotic and keep her isolated (in her coop, insead of wandering around). It healed over, but, now is floppy. Shes a happy hen and it dosnt seem to bother her at all.

**I couldnt find whatever she tore her comb on, and nothing could have gotten too her in the coop becuase of how it is built. And the only bloody place was on the top of her head. So, I was perplexed.

Quote:

I don't know what breeds they are but I wanted to tell you bumble bee is beautiful. I love his coloration.
big_smile.png

Your two last red females I would guess production reds/red stars like everyone else said.

Back
Top Bottom