Quite a few unknowns....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickenMama8, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ChickenMama8

ChickenMama8 New Egg

Nov 8, 2009
    Worthington Springs, Fl
    I have 8 chickens.
    We are pretty sure of the breeds of 2 ( a male & feamale Black sex link or Black star)

Here are the others.

1 this is Jake. He is maybe 8 inches tall AND very squeaky. When he crows he sounds like my dogs squeak toys. (This is why we keep the dogs away)
    [​IMG]

2 This is Hawk (the Male Black sex link??)
    [​IMG]

3 & 4 This is Lucky (white one) and Pepper. Pepper is our oldest (4 years old). We also think she is a Black sex link or Black star. (Both hens)
    [​IMG]

5 This one is bumble bee. Hes really quite pretty. But, is flighty and a nervous rooster.
    [​IMG]

6 and 7 This is a hen that we have 2 of. But, I only have one photo .... their names are Merry and Pippin.
    [​IMG]

We have a new one that my neighbor found. She has the same coloring has Merry & Pip, but, she is a little darker. She gets picked on by the other 2, becuase we have just recently introduced them. I dont like that she gets picked on, but, we dont have another choice at the moment.

Any way. If anyone can tell me what kind they are I'd be greatful

2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Jake is Nankin Bantam.Hawk-Partrige Rock.3and 4-White Rock and Blacl Sex Link.#6-Owlbeard or Bad Brabanter.6 and 7-Production Reds

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I petty much agree with ve. Hawk is definitely not a Black Sexlink roo, they are Barred. He does look like a Partridge Rock. I would say that the white one is questionable, too floppy of a comb for a white rock, may be a cross.

4. ChickenMama8

ChickenMama8 New Egg

Nov 8, 2009
    Worthington Springs, Fl
    ((Thank you for the clarifications!! [​IMG] ) [clap]

ohhh -- the white ones comb is floppy becuase she got into something and tore her comb almost off her head. I had to wash it and put on some triple antibiotic and keep her isolated (in her coop, insead of wandering around). It healed over, but, now is floppy. Shes a happy hen and it dosnt seem to bother her at all.

**I couldnt find whatever she tore her comb on, and nothing could have gotten too her in the coop becuase of how it is built. And the only bloody place was on the top of her head. So, I was perplexed.

Quote:

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    OK, Well there is still so many white breeds, it's hard to pin down just one from that pic.

6. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    I agree on the other breed from Except I think Lucky is a white leghorn, production strand not show strand.

7. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    number5 kinda looks like it has a little silver laced polish in him.

8. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    I don't know what breeds they are but I wanted to tell you bumble bee is beautiful. I love his coloration. [​IMG]

Your two last red females I would guess production reds/red stars like everyone else said.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by