Quotes and thoughts for the day

Sorry to take the topic off....

@mymilliefleur I know you ferment and start your chicks right away, what do you feed in? We have the typical chick feeder but it is super big for the brooder. Once they go out to the coop in a week or so they will use that. I have been trying various vessels, they'd make a mess! I haven't been overly worried about the mess but it will get old quick. Thanks. I have metal round chick feeder, I didn't think I could put the fermented feed in it.

When they are first starting off, I feed it to them on a little plate (I make sure it's well drained for the chicks), and after a couple of days I start feeding them in a regular plastic chick feeder. If I don't have one on hand than I use a plastic egg carton or two with the tops cut off. When I move them out of the brooder I start feeding them in wooden trough. I hope this helps.
big_smile.png

Your doctor drove a car?
ep.gif
Mine showed up in a horse and buggy. Good thing the horse knew its way home. Dad always got him started on shots and beers.
tongue.png

Yes. And they alway drove a big car, late model, because it was a sign of success and who would want a doctor that was not successful enought to go into debt buying a car they did not want or need?

jtn[I think we're showing our age and no one knows what we're talking about] lol
lau.gif

I will sit with anyone who asks.
hugs.gif

hugs.gif

Thanks everyone. I know I can always count on your for support. It's always so unexpected. She's my parents age. It's my Father's Aunt and Uncle and they just happen to be close in age. Their daughter (technically my dads cousin) is the age of me and my siblings. I'm worried about her. I think she's going to need extra prayers to make it through.
hugs.gif
sending calm healing vibes her way

yesss.gif

big_smile.png

And here we have it...

images
images
images
ok, I'm done for now.
When my son was about 5 months old he was watching football with my brother. I glanced over and they are both holding their chin and pouting because they were losing. I laughed so hard at that for quite awhile.
gig.gif

For us chicken lovers
animals49.jpg
I say this to my flock every day.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom