Quotes and thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Nov 26, 2014.

1. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

That's really small. Wow!

2. Bowleggedcowboy

Bowleggedcowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia
    That's right seen a lot of them.

3. Bowleggedcowboy

Bowleggedcowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia
    They are so tiny. The full grown ones weren't no bigger than a small dog. :)

4. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Nicky, here's some info and images of them if you want to see:

The Key deer (Odocoileus virginianus clavium) is an endangered deer that lives only in the Florida Keys. It is a subspecies of the white-tailed deer (O. virginianus). It is the smallest North American deer.

This deer can be recognized by its characteristic size, smaller than all other white-tailed deer. Adult males (known as bucks) usually weigh 25–34 kg (55–75 lb) and stand about 76 cm (30 in) tall at the shoulder. Adult females (does) usually weigh between 20 and 29 kg (44 and 64 lb) and have an average height of 66 cm (26 in) at the shoulders. The deer is a reddish-brown to grey-brown in color. Antlers are grown by males and shed between February and March and regrown by June. When the antlers are growing, they have a white velvet coating. The species otherwise generally resembles other white-tailed deer in appearance.

Adult doe Key Deer (and no, that's not me feeding her)
    [​IMG]

Babies!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adult male
    [​IMG]

5. NickyKnack

Thanks Debby! I love reading up on all animals. That deer sounds great. Thanks for the links. :yesss:

1 person likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Good morning everyone [​IMG]

"You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world's problems at once but don't ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own."
    Michelle Obama

But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful.
    Elizabeth Edwards

It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.

C. S. Lewis

I do believe we're all connected. I do believe in positive energy. I do believe in the power of prayer. I do believe in putting good out into the world. And I believe in taking care of each other.

Harvey Fierstein

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    2 people like this.
  8. NickyKnack

Good morning Sumi! Even though it's 12:16 am here. :) I'm burning the midnight oil. All great quotes already today. :D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  9. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Good morning, night owl. [​IMG] You're up late?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by