Quotes and thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Nov 26, 2014.

1. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    So far we are still on a watch. South of here in Illinois is a warning moving north east towards my parents. I just got the flock put away and its starting up again. All will be good :) I've got my pups to keep me company until my SO gets home. After tonight should be a break and then I expect some major spring to show hahaha

2. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

3. COChix

COChix Overrun With Chickens

Jun 12, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Glad your ok Shanon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. fingers crossed

nothing like the rhythm of the rain

be safe

aww great one

yes yes yes

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Ok so here we go, pull up a chair, get a cup of coffee, get comfy and get ready for some :jumpy

At 8:30am to be exact I set 42 eggs for incubation! I am so :weee and nervous already.

I spent an hour sorting eggs gathered from the past week, I went through and checked the most recent eggs for cracks, thin shells, etc. I was up until midnight making sure eveything was ready to go for launch this am.
    [​IMG]

Good luck with the hatch! Fingers crossed for May 1st chicks!

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Since it has been raining most of the week ...

“Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.” ― Roger Miller

“Solitude is the soil in which genius is planted, creativity grows, and legends bloom; faith in oneself is the rain that cultivates a hero to endure the storm, and bare the genesis of a new world, a new forest.” ― Mike Norton

“Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.” ― Vladimir Nabokov

“The richness of the rain made me feel safe and protected; I have always considered the rain to be healing—a blanket—the comfort of a friend. Without at least some rain in any given day, or at least a cloud or two on the horizon, I feel overwhelmed by the information of sunlight and yearn for the vital, muffling gift of falling water.” ― Douglas Coupland,

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” ― Bill Watterson

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. John Ruskin

Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots. Frank A. Clark

“Never dance in a puddle when there's a hole in your shoe (it's always best to take your shoes off first).” ― John D. Rhodes

I grew up in this town, my poetry was born between the hill and the river, it took its voice from the rain, and like the timber, it steeped itself in the forests. Pablo Neruda

“Rain makes me feel less alone. All rain is, is a cloud- falling apart, and pouring its shattered pieces down on top of you. It makes me feel good to know I'm not the only thing that falls apart . It makes me feel better to know other things in nature can shatter.”

“The rain is falling all around,
    It falls on field and tree,
    It rains on the umbrellas here,
    And on the ships at sea.”
    ― Robert Louis Stevenson

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    6 people like this.
  7. [​IMG]

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Good morning everyone [​IMG]

Shannon, glad you're o.k! We had a tiny tornado pass right over our farm one afternoon a few years ago; very unusual for South Africa.

9. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good Friday morning everyone!

I hope all the rainy quotes will bring some our way. It's dry and hot here, and yet, somehow humid. Ah, Florida!

10. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by