Quotes and thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Nov 26, 2014.

1. BuckAlorp

BuckAlorp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    When Government fears the people there is Liberty, When people fear the Government there is Tyranny...Thomas Jefferson

You can not negotiate with people who say What's mine is mine and what's yours is negotiable... John F Kennedy

"I've always been a libertarian, Leave everyone alone. Let everyone do what they want. Just stay out of everyone else's hair."... Clint Eastwood

1 person likes this.
  2. BuckAlorp

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence; it is force. Like Fire, it is a dangerous servant and fearful master... George Washington

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland

4. BuckAlorp

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature... Benjamin Franklin

The jaws of power are always open to devour, and her arm is always stretched out, if possible, to destroy the freedom of thinking, speaking, and writing... John Adams

Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master... Dwight D. Eisenhower

1 person likes this.
  5. BuckAlorp

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves...
    Abraham Lincoln

We the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts–not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution... Abraham Lincoln

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government... Thomas Paine

1 person likes this.
  6. BunnyLover44

BunnyLover44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2013
    Orlando Flordia
    • Every test in our life makes us bitter or better, every problem comes to break us or make us. The choice is ours whether we become a Victim or a Victor. What will I/you choose to be today?

2 people like this.
  7. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Good morning all!

I see things have turned a bit political since I left. Some good stuff was posted, I won't add more [​IMG]

8. BayBay Peepers

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

9. BayBay Peepers

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    And a chuckle

10. BuckAlorp

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    No, not political; just my mood today, after hearing certain things lately. Our founding fathers had some good ideas that seem to have been forgotten.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by