Quotes and thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

Darn ran out of ovations... here's the reserve [​IMG]

2. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    [​IMG]

Here are some quotes I've seen here and there:

''If the Sky's the limit, than how did man land on the moon?''

''Live like today is your last day, breath like its your last breath''

''Describing faith to an unbeliever is like describing colors to someone who was born blind''

“The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.” –Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1937

''Some time God works secretly behind the scenes, but he will reveal his work to us...when the time is right''

''Those who leave everything to God, will eventually see Gods hand in everything''

''A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.''

''Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.''

''God heals, and the doctor takes the fees.''

''The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.''

2 people like this.
  3. Miss Lydia

[​IMG]

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. COChix

COChix Overrun With Chickens

Jun 12, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Greetings all!

I am something like 150 posts behind. So I will start fresh.

I did see the container houses and think some are pretty cool.

@BayBay Peepers congrats on those cuties! I have had no luck with anyone being broody.

I will need to candle tomorrow or Friday, any suggestions with 42 to do as far as a system to not have the bator open and closing the whole time?

Expected snow and rain overnight yuck! Got a bunch of veggies seeds and will be getting the garden ready soon! Had final follow up with surgeon for a while and I am off restrictions, that being said, I am restricted by my pain and tenderness still. That is not necessarily a bad thing as I tend to over due it at times.

6. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    For some reason, the ghosts in my laptop are letting me post now. Weird things happening today.

BUT, something really nice happened today too. Someone anonymously gifted me with a 3-month Golden Feather membership! What a shock that was to find out, such a nice treat totally out of the blue. I wish I knew who to thank but if I can't find out, maybe I'll be able to "pay it forward" to someone else. There are some most excellent folks here on BYC! Just wanted to share my good news, hope you all had a good day too, I missed being able to get on.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. Miss Lydia

Beautiful Debby Awesome about you GF gift very sweet of someone " Secret Pal" [​IMG]

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

I hope he has a swift and safe recovery. The doctor sounds like he/she has it covered. :hugs He's in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Oh, my gosh! Me too. When I first saw the PM, I thought (?) There's a really amazingly sweet and selfless person, watching over us. I have been riding on cloud 9 all day. So thank you, who ever you are, for your generous gift. I'm grateful and honored. I only hope, that I can prove myself worthy of your gift. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    2 people like this.
  10. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    All right Nicky! [​IMG] How fun is that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by