Quotes and thoughts for the day

Jan & WB, the tobacco/soap spray is an interesting idea (as long as it doesn't hurt the tomatoey things). What I really like is the supersoaker idea! No kids to use it at this house so, gee, guess I'll just have to get my own and blast away! The neighbors already wonder about us, why not give them something new to talk about?
Have you tried neem? I managed to get hold of some once and I wish, I wish I could get more! One good spray and the garden was completely bug free the entire summer.

For you Shannon! It actually sounds like a good thing
to be, an Oompa Loompa!

I did come up with an impromptu oompa loompa song last night because he would not let up
gig.gif

I need one of those… I really need one of those. The darn tenants drove over my hosepipe too many times. I tried to water the garden yesterday and ended up wetter than the plants
somad.gif

Guess they haven't left yet. How much longer will they be there sumi?

Have you tried neem? I managed to get hold of some once and I wish, I wish I could get more! One good spray and the garden was completely bug free the entire summer.

We have used neem. Wish I could say it lasts all year here but hey, we're in Florida (bug city, USA). The supersoaker does sound like fun! DH just picks the bugs off with his fingers and squishes them but I'm just not in for that.

I did come up with an impromptu oompa loompa song last night because he would not let up
gig.gif

Shannon, you're may have to have to fight fire with fire, lol.

Guess they haven't left yet. How much longer will they be there sumi?

We have used neem. Wish I could say it lasts all year here but hey, we're in Florida (bug city, USA). The supersoaker does sound like fun! DH just picks the bugs off with his fingers and squishes them but I'm just not in for that.

Shannon, you're may have to have to fight fire with fire, lol.
I have all day to come up with more :) He's been texting me at work "how's my oompa loompa" hahaha He'll be really sorry when I dye my hair green and make my eyebrows white...I may have to invest in a new wardrobe as well
big_smile.png

04/22/15 - candled eggs last night, don't have a true candler. Used my old IPhone light. Not the best pictures but at least you can see some, here are the results:

25/42 - total in incubator look to be fertile.

From our flock - 22/28 -
BO x EE - 11/15 fertile - it was super hard to see into the blue/green eggs.
BO x EE - 4/15 unknown status based on inability to see anything definitively either way.

From our flock -
BO x Brown Egg Layers (BR, Dark Cornish, Delaware, EE, RIR and Welsummer's) - 11/13 fertile.
BO x BRowns - 1/13 - unknown.
BO x Browns - 1/13 - clear.

From Percheron chicks eggs -

BW Roo x Cream Brabanter - 2/2 - non fertile.
BW roo x Amerecauna's - 3/12 - fertile.
BW roo x Amerecauna - 1/12 - unknown .

Will candle again before lock down and remove any non-viables. Ok no laughing at my makeshift candler. The one I made thinking would work is not bright enough for our dark brown eggs and a good amount of our blue/green eggs. Sorry they aren't better pictures....but it is still eggciting!

Fertile from our flock - EE egg

Fertile from flock - brown egg layer

Unknown from our flock - a lot of our blue eggs looked like this, some I could see veining on easier than others.

Not sure on this egg but maybe an early death? It doesn't look right to me, need to do more research. You can check out more not so great pictures in my incubation folder in my photos under my profile. Didn't want to clog thread with a bunch of not so great shots.

PS - I have a 12 second video of embryo movement during the candling last night, so cool!

Back
Top Bottom