Quotes and thoughts for the day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Nov 26, 2014.

1. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Good morning everyone! Welcome Seymour :)

Ken, we had some snow yesterday. It wasn't like normal flakes though it was like tiny little styrofoam looking balls floating down. Hard to explain, but it just kind of flurried on and off all day. Hope you guys don't end up with a lot :)

2. BayBay Peepers

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I saw an interesting video last night. I can't share it because of a few moments of poor language, but I can share the jist of it.

A man was doing an experiment you could say to see peoples reaction when they were offered a helping hand. It was really to test whether or not any of these people were humble enough to accept help when they didn't really need the few extra dollars technically. He had a sign that said no man has become poor by giving. (or something close to those lines) Out of the several people shown in the video only one was decent. At first she said she had no cash, but when the man explained he was trying to give back to the community she knelt down, said she had three dollars to add, and that he should go get some breakfast. The other reactions were appalling. They name called and said things like "do I look like I need money?", "I could buy you" or "do you see what kind of car this is" I was shocked. This particular video was in L.A, so it made me curious...how differently would people react in other areas? Would it be a great difference or would most of the people all react the same? It was very interesting to me and I want to test it everywhere.

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Is it still snowing? It's been at least an hour….

[​IMG]

4. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland

5. BuckAlorp

BuckAlorp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2014
    Ravenna, Ohio
    Still snowing, lightly, not accumulating though, it's about 33 degrees. We had the same kind of styrofoam ball snowfall yesterday morning for a little while.

6. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    My DH watched a similar programme on TV a few weeks ago. People (actors) pretending to be in trouble, I think they "fell" and waited to see how many people would help them up if they were scruffily dressed as apposed to well dressed… Interesting to say the least...

7. Bowleggedcowboy

Bowleggedcowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Wait another 10 minutes [​IMG] I've seen that styrofoam ball snow(?) in The Netherlands. It's so strange?

9. Bowleggedcowboy

Bowleggedcowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    Fitzgerald, Georgia
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. BayBay Peepers

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    It's a funny thing how we treat others. I guess a lot of folks forgot the golden rule "treat others as you would like to be treated"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by