R com incubator

forthebirds

Hatching
11 Years
May 26, 2008
Has anyone ever used the R com incubator? I am looking for a small, easy to use incubator for the class room. The adds make it look like it is easy and more likely to be successful since it is programmed to mimic natural incubation cycles. I don't need to hatch more then a few eggs so something small would be ideal. Anyone have any other suggestions for an easy to use classroom incubator?

I had terrible luck with my 3 egg R-Com, it was not worth the money I paid for it which was $150 at the time. For that money, If you want a good incubator for a class, look on Ebay for a used Lyon TX-6 or TX-7 with a turner.
Maybe others have had better luck, but I know my friend in the next town over had one too and she gave it away.

If you're hatching in class, I'd sure want to set more than 3 eggs, especially if you are getting shipped eggs. I'd go with a bigger bator with turner and at least a dozen eggs if not more if shipped.

Thanks for the feedback. I am a total newbie when it comes to the fowl things in life. TEE HEE. I have heard of the TX-6 and TX-7 I think out of New Zealand or somewhere like that. I have friends in the area that would be able to get me some local chicken eggs, but one friend has requested that I try incubating some pheasants for her. I think I'd need a special tray or something? Is that true?

For the money, I would get a Hovabator 1588 with automatic turner that you don't have to babysit at all- just add water. That way you could incubate more if you want and the 1588 is supposed to be a really good one.

I am using 2 rcom 20's and love them--- but one was not hatching anything- we checked the temp. with a thermometer and it was off by 10 degrees (I was cooking them) and the other problem I have noticed is they need water almost every day which could be a problem over the weekend- we were able to recalibrate the the hot bator- but it is sitting empty. Will have to fix that problem pronto!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom