r-com king suro 20

I'm having better hatches with waterfowl than chicken eggs in it, but it might be that they just ship better, got 5 out of 6 cayugas, #6 had quit at the time power was out.

Got a Brinsea octagon advance EX recently, will see how they compare.

Some of you have had your King Suro 20 for a couple years now, do you still like it??

Would you make the same choice now as you did then?

I'm looking at ordering either the King Suro 20 or the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO with auto turn cradle.

The Brinsea with shipping will be $227 but lacks the digital controls and humidity pump.

The Suro 20 will have all the digital controls with the humidity pump for $336 including shipping.

The Brinsea Octagon 20 Advanced EX is just too far out of my price range for now.

I have searched but not seen much recent talk here on the Suro 20 and I wonder about how they have held up over time.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Some of you have had your King Suro 20 for a couple years now, do you still like it??

Would you make the same choice now as you did then?

I'm looking at ordering either the King Suro 20 or the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO with auto turn cradle.

The Brinsea with shipping will be $227 but lacks the digital controls and humidity pump.

The Suro 20 will have all the digital controls with the humidity pump for $336 including shipping.

The Brinsea Octagon 20 Advanced EX is just too far out of my price range for now.

I have searched but not seen much recent talk here on the Suro 20 and I wonder about how they have held up over time.

Thanks for your help!

I would like to know as well.

I haven't a King Suro, but I watched as another breeder struggled with one for some time. I think if you're going to spend that kind of money, it's better to go all the way and get the RCom 20 or back up and get the Octagon. I have the RCom 20 and it's a plug-and-play system that doesn't need you to think about it for 21 days...at all. I prefer the dry incubation method in general but use water in my RCom because the fan is powerful enough that it evaporates a LOT of moisture and it's necessary in this unit.

I think the King Suro is a totally different unit and is more complicated and not worth the extra money over the Brinsea. Just my limited observations, though.

Now i begin to use King suro 20, this is my first incubation. I did not change anything in the settings, only put there some eggs ))) I had only 3 eggs of the chickens and 3 eggs of the geese. I don`t know, maybe this is not a good idea to put there the eggs of a various fowl, but i don`t have any choice - i have only one incubator now. Next time i will put there some eggs more (when my fowl give me any eggs). I have some chicken, ducks and geese. (i have 3 turkeys too, but there aren`t any turkey-girl, only boys, i will buy some turkeys in the spring). Here we have sometimes any problems width the electric power, and i used a UPS. I did this photo when i connected all (before to putting the eggs).

Anyone used this incubator for the geeses? I need to do anything or i need only put the eggs and wait? I did not change standart settings there... Need i to change something?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom