R-Com King Suro Incubator

willows68

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Hello lovely members, I need some advice. I purchased an R-Com King Suro 24 incubator in the Republic of Ireland upon the advice of the sales assistant. I originally wanted to purchase the Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance EX Auto-Turn incubator. I was advised that the R-Com was just as good, but a little cheaper as it was on special.

My problem. I have not been able to maintain temperature and humidity to their respective settings either during incubation or during hatch. The temperature keeps fluctuating and the humidity likewise. No alarms go off to warn me. I have used it twice and both times I have not had a good hatch.

Is this a faulty machine? I sent it back to the supplier and they apparently ran it for a couple of days and all was fine. This I am a little sceptical about, as I ran it for 21 days and struggled all the way.

Does anyone know how to contact the manufacturer for this machine? I strongly feel it is faulty, and the only fair thing to do would be to replace it or upgrade it - what do you think? I welcome your comments.

hi - i have one & have not probs. temp spot on recovers within seconds, if i open lid . humidity was excellent with the external pump.

P&t poultry.com in England have an excellent video online on how to setup the machine ,i found manual wasn't much help

only other thing i can suggest is that where u position machine ,away from windows ,not in a high traffic area of a room.

what specific temp /humidity fluctuations r u getting?

Temperature was hitting 50 degrees c. and humidity was up in the 60 and 70s during incubation when the settings should have been 37.5 and 45 percent.

That's the conclusion I came to. I've been in touch with the manufacturer who sent me some instructions on how to return it to its factory settings. The retailer has apparently tested it - but I don't trust it and don't want to risk losing any more chicks. The retailer has today offered to give me some of the money I paid for it back and upgrade to the next model at my expense. They will not give me a full refund - so this is the best outcome I can expect and now I can get back to hatching!

Back
Top Bottom