R.I.P. 4 hens, 1 roo. WHAT killed them?

<3ChickenForever

Fire Is Catching
8 Years
Feb 20, 2011
WI
RIP my only silkie
hit.gif
Was a white one, so beautiful, I LOVED his crow so much. His neck was open when he got killed.
Here's a pic of him. [Lilly]
80445_102_0328.jpg

RIP black sex-link mix, she was one of my kindess hens. She always came running up to me every time she saw me. Her name is Lola. She had just her neck torn open, head was still on.

RIP cochin mix, she was soo PRETTY and one of the old ones. Her name is Pepper. Head was all the way off and her breast was eaten and and some of the upper wings.

And these ones were mellow and a little bit slow ones. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say how sorry I am. Hope you catch what did it.Set a havart live trap.Home depot has large ones for $45.

Opposum will take large chunks from the breasts/neck if they find a roosting chicken. Just a guess though!

I too have heard that opposum will do that but I have also read that raccoons will specifically go for the crop and/or the head. Have you ever had probs with coons?

I am really sorry about your silkie. I would have never thought I could love a chicken until we got some...and we've only had them for just over a week!!

2 more dead...

R.I.P. My favorite chicken that I trained and she was the first chicken I ever named in my life. Oero... I love you
sad.png

pics
80445_102_0326.jpg

80445_102_0363.jpg

R.I.P. Kayla Jr. was my sisters.
pics
80445_102_0368.jpg

Got killed last night. My dad thinks it might be a mink.

Last edited:
You're dealing with a weasel or a mink. You need to lock up what birds you have left at night. Weasels can get through very small openings. You need to lock them up tight or you will lose them all.

Back
Top Bottom