R.I.P Butter 2007-2008 (pic heavy)

Just one question for yall.. I really think she was eggbound. Would putting lights in the coop to make them lay through the winter stop them from being eggbound like her? (my mom made me ask this)

I hope you are blessed with peace and that many happy memories carry you thru this difficult time. Sorry for your loss...Dixiie

The best thing for eggbound birds is quiet and dark so their systems can rest, so lights in the coop would actually not be a good idea for those eggbound birds. Sometimes it's just one incidence and sometimes a bird has a problem with it their entire life. Sorry you lost your baby. My beautiful little white Frizzle roo was dead in the pen this morning also.
fl.gif

Bawkadoodledoo and KellyHM
I am so sorry for both of your losses. I know what you mean, they are pets to most of us. My FIL and even my DH sometimes feel the need to remind me, "they are JUST chickens!" Whatever they are, they find their way into our hearts. May you both find peace and cherish your memories.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss. Butter was a beautiful hen! She must have been one happy girl with you as her momma!
hugs.gif

I felt the body before we buried her, and I strongly suspect she broke her neck. There was a protruding mass near the base of her neck and it was jacked up at an odd angle.

Back
Top Bottom