R.I.P. my little friend was killed, what did it?

Sorry to hear of your loss...
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
I am sooo sorry...

Since she is soo special, how about gathering some of her prettiest feathers and making a small bouquet so you will still have a part of her. And if you have a picture, frame it and put the feathers with it.

Don't blame your Mom, but perhaps you can make her understand now.

I did not know coons come out in the day time!
th.gif
I guess you can never escape from them... what frustrates me the most is he/she just killed and ate the head and left the body,so it wasn't like she/he was THAT hungry and needed something to eat badly,or that it had a family to feed, at least I could think that when the hawk/eagle ate one of my other chickens who also came when I called her name(why do they always get eaten first!?!).
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Thank you for understanding! that is what I love about BYC, people understand how I feel about my chickens...

About 5 years ago, a raccoon came looking for an easy meal in broad daylight. He went in my coop, which was open because it was daytime and grabbed a setting hen. Fortunately, my husband was nearby, heard her squawking and came to the rescue. I've also had raccoons raid the trash can during the day. So, they aren't just nocturnal.

Back
Top Bottom