R.I.P. Peep and Chirp

Peepchirpquack

Songster
5 Years
Mar 28, 2014
Earth
Earlier today I let my two hens out of their coop to free range. then later my hound started barking frantically at the window, so i took a peek outside and saw a dog in the yard. i ran outside to chase him away so it wouldn't hurt my girls, but unfortunately it had already killed them. I later found it and another dog in a field across the street, and called animal control. unfortunately I don't know who the owner of the dogs is, but my neighbors said they have seen the dogs running around on multiple occasions. It really upsets me that people letting their dogs run loose not only affects the dogs safety, but also affects me and my hens. Here are a few pics of my wonderful girls:
egg laying spot #1 ( yes thats my bed )

egg laying spot #2 ( dryer )

Chicken luau

Peep chilling with his "friends"

Chirp sunbathing with Walter

Me being the crazy chicken girl that I am ( it's non-toxic )

Chirp having quality cuddle time with my mom

R.I.P. Peep and Chirp, you will always be in my heart.

I am so sorry
1f622.png
People need to be responsible for their animals!

What wonderful lives they had with you! I don't know who was more blessed you or them. Please do not condemn the dogs for acting like dogs. Condemn the human owners who let their animals run free without supervision. I lost 3 much loved roosters this summer. Not to violent deaths but one to sudden illness, one to seizures and one to sudden death heart attack. No matter how it happens, it hurts and so many do not understand that these are beloved pets that just happen to give us eggs.

I grieve with you.
hugs.gif

So sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
There were beautiful birds and from the pictures, it looks like you had a lot of fun with them.

Back
Top Bottom