R.I.P Peppino

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by poulet, Jul 5, 2008.

1. poulet

poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    my little blind chick peppino was attacked yesterday by another chicken, he was suffering alot and was too injured to really help ( although I would have tried ) . I couldn't do it myself so I had to get my DH to kill him. He was the most loved chick that I have ever had as we had all spent so much time with him, he came when you called him and loved just being with us. I am really cross with myself as I left him with the others when I went out, he had never had a problem before but I have a hen with chicks too so I think maybe it was her. I will miss him. [​IMG]
    just added photo of peppino , I never thought I could be so upset aver a chicken , but he was really special.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. Fowl-Language

Fowl-Language Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Longview, WA
    Oh no, I'm sooooo sorry...I suppose you can take some comfort in the fact that he had a great (albeit too short) life with you, but I know you are grieving very deeply right now. Sending warm, feathery hugs your way...:aww
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] I'm so sorry. They are special little critters, aren't they?
  4. slahmswife

slahmswife Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Princeton BC Canada
    I am so sorry to hear that. My thought are with you.
  5. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] I am so sorry to hear about Peppino. I do believe i read about him before, wasn't he a special chick? Just remember you gave him a very good life, he was a lucky chick for having You.Don't blame yourself.
  6. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I'm so sorry you lost your little friend. I have to say...this is the part I'm really dreading...losing a beloved pet.

I hope your memories of him bring you comfort.
  7. brownfarms

brownfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    San Diego Area, CA
    So sorry for your loss [​IMG]
  8. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Sorry for your loss. [​IMG]
  9. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps