R.I.P Serafina I will miss you

I'm so sorry. One of our birds was attacked by some dogs a couple weeks ago. She's still alive, but I know how painful it must be. We also have bald eagles where we live, but for some reason it's the owls that seem the most dangerous. I was reading this article about the new official owl of Central Park, when we have one in our backyard! It's the hardest thing in the world, to accept that somebody close to you is gone. She sounded like a wonderful bird, and we are all so sorry for your loss. 😣

Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss. They really waddle right into our hearts and losing them is so painful.

We have plenty of bald eagles where we live. Can you tell me if the attack happened on land or water so I'll know how careful I'll need to be? Sorry if talking about it is too painful. If so, feel free to decline.
Thank you, I don't mind, if I can help anyone prevent an attack I will. They live in our orchard so on land, the attack happened while we were taking care of our bees, I heard quacking, the eagle carried her and we found feathers a good ways away in our pasture. The main reason I know it was the bald eagle was how my flock reacted to when he came back yesterday afternoon and how closely he was studying my boys and slowing down. I yelled at him and he flew off. I honestly don't know how to prevent an attack unless they are penned up and only get out when you are supervising.

Thank you very much 😞 It's so weird her not being here :hit and I thought she'd be around for a long time 😭
I understand, when my cayuga passed away I was so heart broken I thought I saw her in every dark shape for months. It was like my poor brain just couldn't accept that she was gone because I knew she would be around for a long time. *hug*

I'm so sorry. One of our birds was attacked by some dogs a couple weeks ago. She's still alive, but I know how painful it must be. We also have bald eagles where we live, but for some reason it's the owls that seem the most dangerous. I was reading this article about the new official owl of Central Park, when we have one in our backyard! It's the hardest thing in the world, to accept that somebody close to you is gone. She sounded like a wonderful bird, and we are all so sorry for your loss. 😣
Thank you I'm sorry about your ducky I hope she feels better soon:hugs! She was so adorable and truly special 😢

I understand, when my cayuga passed away I was so heart broken I thought I saw her in every dark shape for months. It was like my poor brain just couldn't accept that she was gone because I knew she would be around for a long time. *hug*
It's very hard I'm sorry about your cayuga she sounds like she was very cute, I keep going out there and thinking how many there should be but that isn't true anymore 😭

Thank you, I don't mind, if I can help anyone prevent an attack I will. They live in our orchard so on land, the attack happened while we were taking care of our bees, I heard quacking, the eagle carried her and we found feathers a good ways away in our pasture. The main reason I know it was the bald eagle was how my flock reacted to when he came back yesterday afternoon and how closely he was studying my boys and slowing down. I yelled at him and he flew off. I honestly don't know how to prevent an attack unless they are penned up and only get out when you are supervising.
Oh thank you for sharing. That sounds like a horribly traumatic experience. I'm very sorry. On land, that's so scary. I thought bald eagles only hunted in water, it's good to know. Eagles have flown closely overhead many times looking at my ducks intently. I usually yell at them - but I didn't know my ducks were in any real danger.

I think keeping them penned and closely supervising foraging is the only way to keep them entirely safe. It's hard because they want to forage a lot more often than I want to stand outside in the rain.

Oh thank you for sharing. That sounds like a horribly traumatic experience. I'm very sorry. On land, that's so scary. I thought bald eagles only hunted in water, it's good to know. Eagles have flown closely overhead many times looking at my ducks intently. I usually yell at them - but I didn't know my ducks were in any real danger.

I think keeping them penned and closely supervising foraging is the only way to keep them entirely safe. It's hard because they want to forage a lot more often than I want to stand outside in the rain.
It was :( I know what you mean they love to forage and it can get a little tedious lol, but I'm happy to camp out there to keep them safe if I need to.

Back
Top Bottom