Rabbit Breeders Buck #3 is now home.

I was leaning towards buck #3 myself, but #2 looks nice as well. I'd get my hands on them and pick the one with the better fur. (I raise the full sized Rex versions. ;p )

Its hard to tell from a pic things like condition, fur, HQ. I'd ask for some shots from behind of the two brokens and from the top looking down on them, you'd better be able to tell how the HQ are and if they are narrow in the shoulders. Or look in person, I don't really like to buy without touching it.

Well as I think the two broken are good. I asked for top pictures of both of them. She just sent them so I am sending them on to you. She said she marked which was which but I don't see it on the picture? Anyway what do you think of them from the top? Which is better?

3524_brokenminirexbucksfromtop.png

From the top view I like the top picture better. The reason being:

The animal looks more balanced compared to the second animal. The second animal seems very narrow in the shoulders and appears to have a small amount of narrowness in the midsection.

The top animal seems more correct and looks to have a more full hindquarter. JMHO.

that is also the one I like. It is the one that is the second broken buck in the first pictures ( the last buck) I belive that is the one I will be getting.

The top buck is Buck #3, yes? I think you can tell by the markings on the back? I know asking for specific pics sounds soo picky, but see what a difference it made?
bun.gif

Then I would def get buck #3 from the pic (Top bun in the pic you just posted), he's got a much nicer HQ and seems wider at the shoulders/overall. Was there an age difference btw the two bucks?

Even if the fur totally sucked on him and was fab on the other, you'd be breeding that HQ in and trust me, don't go there!

The lightly marked broken is *probably* a charlie, so you'd get all brokens when you bred him to your otter doe BTW. I'd ask if the other broken is a charlie or not, he's got enough markings to show where the other one is pretty lightly marked, it may have less than 10%, hard to say how a judge would rule on it? I don't usually breed broken to broken because I don't like charlies, lol

Well I picked buck number three, the rabbits had nice sized hutches and seemed well cared for, I like his body shape and hindquarters, I think he maybe a bit long, but nothing major. His pedigree has some interesting colors in it back a few generations. Such as Castor, and Tort and broken tort, I have never heard of tort mini- rex but plan to google it shortly. I will keep him quarantined for a bit, then breed him to my doe as soon as possible, I already have a list of 8 people interested in a bunny! Will post some pictures as soon as I get them,

Quote:
Nice choice!!!! I have a litter due on Friday. Ruby eyed white doe and a broken chestnut buck. I am super excited, and I hope you will be posting once yours are bred!!!!

ETA: I went to a rabbit show today and ONE person had a tort mini rex. Three of them, 8 weeks old. TOO CUTE!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom