Rabbit breeder's thread!

Hi! I have been raising rabbits for around 9 years or so professionally in ARBA. I would say fix the male as fixing the female is worse. I had a fixed angora that was male and he never tried to mate, but he was also older and we ALWAYS keep the males and females in separate cages. :)

As always though, every rabbit is different! Some are feisty and some are the sweetest things regardless of gender.

Aww! I love his fuzzy face! Congratulations! I hope they become best buds
bun.gif
bun.gif

On day 2! My girl was afraid of him for the first day, but once he calmed down they bonded...I am so happy because she has been so lonely

My black silver marten junior doe

Blue junior holland lop buck

My Siamese sable holland lop just senior buck

Choclate silver marten ND junior buck

REW senior ND buck

Black tort holland lop senior buck

Black holland lop just senior doe

Broken black junior holland lop buck

Choclate holland lop senior doe

Broken black tort senior holland lop doe

well we are new to the rabbit breeding world. But here are our breeding pair we are picking up tonight! Both are believed to be mini lops. I would like to get them gene tested to see what they really are before we start breeding. The one in the back is missing part of her ear, I haven't seen how bad it is yet. But they were both taken from bad situations and the lady who saved them doesn't have time for them. So I am taking them.

The buck is believed to be a broken mini lop. But I am not so sure because of the ears.

here are the other 3 we plan on getting in another week. believed to be all mis marked Dutch.

\
12 wk gray dutch doe

9 week either gray or a steel mismarked dutch doe

9 week mis marked steel dutch buck

Hi Rabbit people, I was wondering if there was anyone that could give me some advice on my newly adopted Lionhead bunny. Here's his history...I adopted him at a shelter a month ago and brought him home to my Broken Newzealand. They were introduced at the shelter and at home began pairing. He is 4 yrs old nuetered. He has been on Blue seal Bunny 16 and approx a month ago I switched their food ..bought something at Tractor supply
sad.png

They live in an outdoor hutch...he has never liked veggies and refuses them so his diet is Timothy hay n pellets. Well today I noticed his eye was runny and he just looked sad and sick. So I picked him up and felt he had lost weight. This must have happened in a matter of a few weeks. I brought them both in the house called the Vet and she said to bring him in but that switching food could cause illness. I went right out and bought his old food Blue Seal bunny 16...he has started eating. Should I bring him to the Vet or wait a few days? Is there anything I can do from home or should I just go to the Vet? The Vets around here are pricey thats why I wonder if there is something I could do from home before I take that step.
Thanks

Hi Rabbit people, I was wondering if there was anyone that could give me some advice on my newly adopted Lionhead bunny. Here's his history...I adopted him at a shelter a month ago and brought him home to my Broken Newzealand. They were introduced at the shelter and at home began pairing. He is 4 yrs old nuetered. He has been on Blue seal Bunny 16 and approx a month ago I switched their food ..bought something at Tractor supply
sad.png
. They live in an outdoor hutch...he has never liked veggies and refuses them so his diet is Timothy hay n pellets. Well today I noticed his eye was runny and he just looked sad and sick. So I picked him up and felt he had lost weight. This must have happened in a matter of a few weeks. I brought them both in the house called the Vet and she said to bring him in but that switching food could cause illness. I went right out and bought his old food Blue Seal bunny 16...he has started eating. Should I bring him to the Vet or wait a few days? Is there anything I can do from home or should I just go to the Vet? The Vets around here are pricey thats why I wonder if there is something I could do from home before I take that step. Thanks
in my experience in raising rabbits I have had two that died from having their food switched. Keep him on his regular food and provide plenty of hay to help his digestion. If he doesn't pick his weight back up bring him to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom