Rabbit breeder's thread!

Quote:
the 3 week photo is beyond cute. makes me want to take some pictures.

Take some pics, we'd love to see! Gosh, aren't all buns just beyond adorable at that 14-28 day age?
love.gif

Quote:
the 3 week photo is beyond cute. makes me want to take some pictures.

Take some pics, we'd love to see! Gosh, aren't all buns just beyond adorable at that 14-28 day age?
love.gif

might take some tomorrow. I haven't had any 14 days old yet so I'll have to let you know sun when they are 14 days. I can't wait to see them with their eyes open. I checked the mom with the 1 kit. the kit has the biggest tummy ever. the mom adds more fur to the nest daily. between her front legs it looks like I shaved her. for a first time mom she is doing extremely well.

Last edited:
Quote:
love.gif

might take some tomorrow. I haven't had any 14 days old yet so I'll have to let you know sun when they are 14 days. I can't wait to see them with their eyes open. I checked the mom with the 1 kit. the kit has the biggest tummy ever. the mom adds more fur to the nest daily. between her front legs it looks like I shaved her. for a first time mom she is doing extremely well.

It's really nice when a first time doe pulls a lot of fur. Glad they're doing well.
smile.png

Hello everyone.

I'm just starting with rabbits. 3 months ago we rescued a very large pure white rabbit with red/pink eyes. And then today when we were at the feed store getting supplies for the chickens, the kids spotted a pure black rabbit with blue eyes. I'm thinking that they are the same breed.

Anyway, this lady at the feed store told us that you can tell the sex of the rabbit from a large fat flap of skin on the neck. She said that a large fat flap was a girl, and not flap was a boy. Is there an easyier way of telling between the sex's? Isn't there an easyier way of checking the sex, like just taking a look see in the usuall spot to tell the difference??

As for my pure white rabbit.... I'm thinking a New Zeland? Here's a pic.
DSC014912.jpg

Back
Top Bottom